Hungry and in a hurry? Here’s a quick and satisfying meal that’s easy to put together from pantry staples — things you probably already have on hand. It’s a great dish for when you don’t have a meal planned or a lot of time to prepare one. The prep time is only 15 minutes, so you can prepare the no-cook sauce while you’re boiling the pasta water, and you’ll be chowing down in no time at all!
- 1 jar (12 oz.) marinated artichokes, drained well and chopped
- 1 jar (12 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained well and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp. sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and julienned
- 3 Tbsp. brine-cured black olives, pitted and sliced
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 16 oz. pasta—penne, fusilli, rotini or campanelle would work well
Combine all ingredients except pasta in a small, non-metal bowl. Stir well to blend. Cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain. Toss the hot pasta with the artichoke, red pepper and sundried tomato mixture and serve at once with grated romano cheese.